Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good first step and something to learn from.

Considering all the willing participants who couldn’t bet it’s a realistic number. There was certainly trust in those that did participate. I wouldn’t have invested in that race with monopoly money if HANA wasn’t behind it.

NJ, Canada, Nevada / someone said Philly Park didn’t allow it…that’s a pretty big chunk of our base and that’s not to mention the players who would consider WRD “beneath them” and wouldn’t join in. (and they were out there; believe me.)

BTW: Another testament to the simulcast dump. A good 60% of the pool came in after the latch sprang.
    Dan G
    ========================
    "I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over." ~ Warren Buffett

Comment

WRD Race 6,

Total Handle Tues. 3/24 -- $31,652
      Total Handle Tues. 3/31 -- $50,452

An increase of $18,800 from last Tues.

A fair start, but now we have to pick a track where we can all participate in the wagering.

________
      David-LV
      Last edited by David-LV; 1 April 2009, 03:40.48 AM.

Comment

Thanks to Mike and Ross for getting this off the ground. Bryan and I both made wagers (contributions) because we are 500% supportive of the cause/effort. Being honest I am a bit disappointed in the pool - was hoping to see a bigger difference but Rome was not built in a day!! We will be on board with your next race selection and support HANA.
        BTW Mike I hope you made your flight out of N O after contest.

JWW

Comment

I'm also kind of disappointed in the totals but like you said, this is just the start. Let's keep it going.

Comment

Ditto that Judy and Dan; and as usual our HTR group is always willing to get involved and can be counted on - thanks Mayo and everyone for playing a part to improve our lot
            km

Comment

There is a scene in Godfather II when Michael Corleone watches a Cuban rebel / who rather then be captured explodes a grenade he had hidden. Later when telling Hyman Roth this story Roth asks him; “What does this tell you?”. Corleone replies…”That they can win”.

We have a live grenade in this game; if were willing to collectively pull the pin.
              Dan G
              ========================
              "I don't look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over." ~ Warren Buffett

Comment

It was a joy to be a part of this. I felt good to be a part of the effort to change things. Lets do it again!!!
                Wes

Comment

Big Thank YOU to everyone who participated yesterday. Just got off the phone with Ross and the HANA Board and we all realized that several horseplayers were shut out yesterday (VEGAS Included). We all came to the conclusion that we want everyone to have the opportunity to participate. We have decided that next Tuesday, April 7 will be TAMPA BAY DOWNS. However, we have decided to target a specific pool. We are going to play a PK3 somewhere in the middle to late in the card. The 3 races will be decided sometime late Saturday or early Sunday morning for the Tuesday card.

Yesterday was a big success considering the fact several players were shut out. Most all of the responses have been very positive and FUN. Many players are asking WHEN IS THE NEXT RACE.

Everyone realizes, this will not happen over night but there are many committed to the effort. There is absolutely NOTHING negative about any of this. There are no losers here. Let us all keep this thing going. WE WILL ACHIEVE OUR GOALS AND MAKE SOME NOISE.

STAY TUNED FOR TAMPA ON TUESDAY.

Thanks

Mayo

Comment

YES CAPTAIN. FULL STEAM AHEAD TO TAMPA

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone here, including Rick and Ken for posting that free stuff. I am running through the address book again, hoping to get all the figure guys and program guys to offer things out again, so if you know someone let them know Tampa (races tbd) is the spot.

We'll update everything on the blog as usual. The first post announces Tampa. We will also have an extra email or two this week, the last of which will remind post time about an hour before, so no one forgets (apparently some guy named Mike Mayo almost lost track of time last week ). So I hope we dont bother you too much via the email, but this is important and we do not want to lose any potential players for the race.

http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org

We also have stats from last week there on the blog if anyone is interested. I believe NYRA was out of the loop as well, in addition to the ones Dan mentioned.

Onward and upward and thanks again!

Comment

I havent read all of the posts in this thread, and I havent read anything over on the PA, so I don't know if its been suggested.
                        Why not have HANA sponsor a PICK 3. Get our friend Jeff Maday at CBY to convince management to lower the takeout on a particular PICK 3 sequence one night and call it the HANA PICK 3. Just a thought. Keep up the good work. Didnt even know we were supposed to play 6th WRD tuesday night. Havent been following much. It doesnt matter because my offshore book doesnt take WRD (just kidding)
                        Ill be firing next week at TAM. Thanks for all the hard work.

Comment

Target Tampa Tuesday

Race 6 is the target - the pick 3.

Full PP's, figs and more on the blog if y'all want to have a look and pass it around.

http://blog.horseplayersassociation....ck-3-free.html

Comment

Just wondering if everyone has remembered that today is the day for The HANA Track Attack...?? Haven't heard much about it as of late....or am I missing a thread somewhere?

Gotta keep the focus!!

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie View Post
                              Just wondering if everyone has remembered that today is the day for The HANA Track Attack...?? Haven't heard much about it as of late....or am I missing a thread somewhere?

Gotta keep the focus!!
                              Thanks Donnie; it seems to be a little more difficult to marshal the troops on a weekday. Not making excuses; just hoping to keep the momentum going.
                              Dan G
                              ========================

Comment

Hey Donnie,

I think Mike is busy so probably has not been posting here because of it. As for our end, we have had very good feedback this week and have a few more people on board. Everyone signs up for HANA who plays in our group, so they get an email on Sunday sending them to PP's et al on the blog and one more reminder this morning. I think Ross is working things from his end.

Traffic on the blog has been good so we hope the momentum carries forward to today.

Dean

Comment

Working...
                                X